Friday, 11 April 2008

Let It Go

Letting Go - this is a phrase I've been hearing recently.

To a speaker at an Australian work conference I attended in Feb, letting go means:
- Not putting restrictions, but providing a variety of choices to cater for different and varied usage patterns of customers. In other words, giving customers the freedom to choose what match their needs best.

At a motivational talk I attended last night, letting go means:
- Giving, letting go of things (such as expectations and unhealthy emotions) and appreciating the transient nature of life. Unhappiness, anger and dissatisfaction stem from the arising of, clinging of or mis-match of expectations. Let go to feel free.

Instead of "I see, I like, I want, I must have", try "I see, I appreciate it, I let it go".

According to a bookmark that I just picked up, 执着是苦的因, 苦是执着的果.

The lyrics in Corrine May's song "Let It Go" (2003) sum it up aptly:

"But before we circle round once more
Can we lay down
Just lay down this pride

Let it go, let it be
Don't waste all your emotions on this
tit-for-tat machine
Let it go, let it be
Let it go"

(Source: http://www.corrinnemay.com/)

No comments: