Monday, 17 March 2008

Animals Series II

Unwittingly found a new hobby when on a work trip to Melbourne, Australia recently. Melbourne offers a novel way for tourists to do sight-seeing, i.e. in horse-drawn carriages that would make Cinderalla deliriously happy. While walking around the Central Business District, I took to snapping pictures of these carriages & trying to see how many types of horses I can find. When I went for a close up look, the horses stank! Guess the poor animals must be sweating profusely under the summer heat & goodness knows how many passengers they have to ferry around a day. Fairy tale carriage drawn by white horses, Melbourne, Australia, Summer, Feb 2008

Birds, Eltham, Melbourne, Feb 2008
Saw this whimsical sculpture of an oversized cow stuck up a tree at Victoria Harbour at Melbourne Docklands. This & many other random sculpures along Docklands (there's a rabbit & eagle) upholds Melbourne's reputation as an artistic city.

No comments: